So you thought coconut oil is useful only for cooking and adding flavour to your food. Or for removing make-up and providing nourishment to your hair. Well, there’s more to this easily available oil.
And below are lists of some of its uses..
- Coconut oil is rich in SPF 4, and is just the quick-fix you are looking for while stepping out in the rainy and winter sun.Since it also doubles up as a moisturiser, you don’t have to take the effort to apply lotion to prevent your skin from drying and cracking up.
- Did you know that coconut oil can replace your shaving cream? Just apply the oil liberally on the surface and massage gently , and then use your razor. This, in a way , also minimises the chances of you getting a cut in the process.
- You don’t need to walk into a spa when you want to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy . You can do it right in the comfort of your home. Use virgin coconut oil in a diffuser inside a closed room, either alone or with other essential oils, and lie down to get rid of worry , anxiety and depression. If you are suffering from sleep disorder, this is your easiest home remedy to slip into a good night’s sleep.
- Caught a cold? Is your nose blocked?Mix a teaspoon of coconut oil with hot tea and blend it well. Drink it up in a jiffy.This will cure your cold fast. Also, apply the oil on your nose and inside the nostril to relieve blocked nose.
- Forget instant whitening toothpastes and chewable gums. Rub your teeth and gum with coconut oil, and you will be surprised how they sparkle within a few days. You can also add a pinch of baking soda for better results.
- Also, oil pulling with coconut oil is supposedly very effective.
- Coconut oil, everyone knows, is antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral. So, coconut oil can be your immediate pain reliever when it comes to infections. Use it with proper medication to cure yeast infections, urinary tract problems and fungal growth.
- Pulled a muscle while running? Sprained your ankle? Soak your feet in lukewarm water,massage with warm coconut oil, slip on your socks for some time and sit tight. You will spring back on your feet soon.
- Coconut oil is also good for getting relief from athlete’s foot and constant occurrence of varicose veins.
- Coconut oil is a natural lubricant. Instead of using other chemical lubricants that may end up obstructing the vaginal flow, women can try coconut oil instead, without worrying about painful side effects.
- What if we tell you this oil is good for weight loss?Studies have shown that coconut oil is replete with components that boost your metabolism and speed up the weight loss process.
- Also, it has been verified through studies that massaging coconut oil regularly on your skin exfoliates it, triggers proper circulation of blood and hence, helps in reducing cellulite and delays sagging of skin.
- Coconut oil is good for both nursing mothers and newborn babies. Consuming about four tablespoonful of the oil, along with vitamins C and D, will help increase milk in breastfeeding mothers.
- Massaging the oil on the child makes his or her limbs stronger and skin smoother.
- Pregnant woman can also consume the oil every day to help the foetus in securing necessary fats for complete development.
- Coconut oil is your best bet when you want to deep fry your food. And since it’s an immediate source of energy and doesn’t get stored in your body , it’s even better.
- Most of the bug repellents leave an unbearable stench behind. Instead, boil water, add neem leaves, camphor and coconut oil, and spray the infusion to get rid of bugs. Alternatively , you can use catnip, rosemary or mint essential oils with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil alone is a good remedy to get rid of itches and rashes resulting from mosquito and bug bites.
- Wipe your frying pan with a drop of the oil instead of butter and ghee. Your will notice that your food items do not stick on the pan anymore.
- You can also use coconut oil to keep the motors in kitchen appliances, like that in mixer, juicer and grinder, in good condition.
- Coconut oil is also handy in keeping the coat of your pets shiny . Apply some oil on the furs, massage gently and comb it down gently .
After reading all these you must be amazed how many ways you never you could use coconut oil.
Kindly share for awareness!