Low Back Pain is simply defined as pain in the lower back(below the ribs and above the legs).It is a common musculoskeletal disorder affecting about 70% adults at some point in their life.
Men and women are equally affected and it occurs between ages 30 and 50 partly due to aging process.
It ranks second only to upper respiratory illness as a reason for office visits to the physician, making it a leading contributor to missed work.
It can be classified based on the duration of the symptom as acute(less than 4 weeks),sub-acute(4-12 weeks) or chronic(more than 12 weeks).
The lower back is the connection between the upper and lower body, therefore it bears most of the body’s weight.
Pain in the low back may arise from several structures in the lumbar spine area including the lumber the spine itself, intervertebral discs, ligaments around the spine, spinal cord, nerves and muscles of the low back and the skin over the lumbar area.
With increasing age, bone strength and muscle elasticity tend to decrease. The discs begin to lose fluid and flexibility which reduces their ability to cushion the vertebrae.
Also, lifting heavy objects or stretching can cause a strain, sprain or spasm in one of the muscles or ligaments of the back. Degenerative diseases like arthritis, osteoporosis or congenital anomalies of the spine can also cause low back pain. It may also arise from diseases of some internal organs of the pelvis and abdomen like the prostate gland in men.
Obesity ,stress, poor sleeping position and inappropriate posture can also contribute to Low Back Pain.
Low back pain presents with a variety of symptoms depending on the cause. It can be accompanied with pain or numbness of the legs, loss of bladder or bowel control which almost always denotes neurological problem. It can also be accompanied by change in the consistency ,frequency and urgency of urination which denotes a problem with prostate gland.
This entails a detailed history and thorough physical examination by the doctor to determine the cause. However, if the back pain has lasted for more than four weeks or the doctor suspects it’s more than a muscle pain further investigations are done like X-rays, Computerized Tomograph (CT),Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI) to mention a few.
If you have had an episode of low back pain, it can most likely re-occur. Listed below are a few tips to help keep your back healthy and avoid further pain:
· Practise good posture when you sit, stand and walk.
· Get regular, low impact exercise. Walk, swim or ride a stationary bike. Stretch before you exercise.
· Wear low-heeled shoes with good support.
· Sleep on your side. A medium-firm mattress may put the least stress on your back.
· Watch your weight. Being too heavy especially around your waist ,puts extra stress on your back.
· Don’t try to lift things that are too heavy for you.
If you stand for long periods at work:
· Pay attention to your posture. Sit or stand up straight with your shoulders back.
· Make sure your chair has good back support.
· Take regular breaks to walk around.
TREATMENT & NATURAL REMEDY FOR EXTREME BACK PAIN(LUMBAGO):
· Bed Rest
· Exercise to strengthen the back muscles.
The following organic prodcuts has also been found to be very helpful:
ALOE HEAT LOTION
This is a rich emollient lotion containing warming agents and aloe:
· It is an aloe based balm specially designed for a soothing relaxing massage
· Soothing aching muscle
· Reliefs menstrual cramp,and tension in the head.
· Also found helpful in rheumatic pains.
· It is also helpful against catarrh
FOREVER B12 PLUS
This is a supplement that contains Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid essential for cellular function.
These powerful B Vitamins combine in this time-release formula to support metabolism and the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
· Enjoy the benefits of vitamin B12 and Folic Acid together.
· Help make possible metabolic processes.
· Helpful for depression
· DNA synthesis –proper development of cells,tissues and organs ;especially brain development.
· Red blood cell production-helpful against pernicious anaemia(sickle cell).
· Essential for Proper nerve function –concentration and coordinated movement.
· Helpful in reducing homocysteine level in the body-preventing heart attack.
SUGGESTED USE: One to two tablets daily.
ALOE VERA GEL
The miraculous Aloe Leaf has been used for centuries because of its beneficial properties.This is a product of Aloe Vera of America that has patented Aloe stabilization process.The Aloe Gel has other benefits such as:
· General body tonic:It replenishes lost vital nutrients(ammino acid,vitamins,mineral e.t.c.).
It is an elixir of life)
· Increases feelings of vitality and increases flexibilty
· Contains more than 200 nutritional compounds
· Detoxifies the entire body system of toxins(due to the presence of vitamin a,c and e);protecting the cells,tissues and organs(strong antioxdant);aids rejuvenation.
· Cleanses the entire digestive system(due to the presence of saponin),and it also aid in healing stomach disorders ,constipation,haemorroids,rectal itching,colitis and all colon problems
· It is a non steroidal anti inflammatory and helpful against arthritis
· Natural pain inhibitor(helpful against general body pain)
· Natural healer(helpful against ulcer and also promotes wound healing)
· Natural immunodulator;(due to the presence of sugar called polysaccharides);helpful against infections,even aids.
· Natural source of energy(increases rate of metabolism);help against low energy level
SUGGESTED USE: Btw 60ml/120ml,1hr or 30min before meal
FOREVER GINGKO PLUS
Gingko Plus has been found to support the circulatory system as well as the brain and nervous system to enhance concentration and alertness and also has these other underlisted benefits:
· A combination of ginkgo bilboa,reishi mushrooms,schisandra berries and cured fo-ti.
· Helpful against pins and needles sensations,insomnia and headache.
· Improves brain functioning by increasing cerebral and peripheral circulation and tissue oxygenation;highly beneficial against drowsiness.
· Has antioxidant properties,prevents the scavenging effects of free radical.
· Slow the progression of alzheimers’s disease,and helps in relieving leg cramps by improving circulation ,
so ideal for diabetic symptoms.
· Beneficial for asthma,depression,eczema,dementia,heart and kidney disorders,memory loss
and tinnitis(ringing of the ears)
· Helpful in the treatment of vascular –related impotence;erectile dysfunction.
· Powerful anti aging herbs due to the presence of cure fo-ti
SUGGESTED USE:0ne tablet twice daily.
FOREVER LYCIUM PLUS
Lycium is a Chinese fruit that has been used for centuries and has been shown to enhance the complexion
And also help with lower back bone health.It is a dietary supplements containing antioxidants,bioflavonoids
and other beneficial nutreints
.Check below for the other benefits:
· Natural source of antioxidants,bioflavonoid and other beneficial phytonurtrients.
· Fights inflammation and viral,bacterial and parasitic infection;beneficial for allerfgies ,asthma,chronic fatigue,depression,enlarge prostrate,fever,hypoglycemia,inflammatory bowel disorders.
· Bebneficial against hepatitis c;liver cancer and cirrhosis.
· Stimulate natural defense mechanisms that prevent the occurrence of ulcers.
· Beneficial for improving vision,nourshing the liver and kidney.
· Aid the natural skin complexion.
· General anti aging tonic.
· Ideal for lower back pain and dizziness.
· It is safe,no known side effect!As the glycyrrizhizin(that causes water retention as been removed) in
the licorice has been removed.
SUGGESTED USE:One to three times daily.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRY & SUPPORT: